Info

History

 


Holman Automotive was founded in 1924, when Steward C. Holman signed a contract with Ford Motor Company to become the area dealer in Merchantville, NJ. He was financed by his partner, Charles M. Rice, and the dealership was named Rice and Holman Ford.

The dealership sold Model T, Model A, and the first V-8 models during its early years. Steward would retain the Rice portion of the store name until the 1970s as a sign of respect to his business partner, although the loan was repaid decades earlier.

Over the next ninety years, Holman would continue to expand its retail automotive operations, opening up more dealerships in New Jersey,
Pennsylvania, and Florida before acquiring the Kuni Automotive group. ARI was formed to lease and manage commercial fleet vehicles from a desk in the Holman showroom. The business grew and flourished, today managing more than one million vehicles in North America, the UK and Europe, and combined with our global associates, more than two million fleet vehicles worldwide.

The Holman family continued to leverage other complementary business opportunities to best serve their clients, launching Steward Financial Services, a consumer finance company, offering a variety of policies through Holman Insurance Services, and acquiring the Auto Truck Group, a family-owned truck upfitting company, to better serve fleet clients. Holman also continued to operate a parts distribution group, Holman Parts Distribution.

Today, every Holman company conducts business with honesty and integrity, based on family values with a passion for customer service and satisfaction. Now into the fourth generation of family leadership, our universal goal is still "to provide the industry's best automotive related services by earning the loyalty and exceeding the expectations of each and every customer."

  Click here to view our current openings.